What is a Process Worker?
A process worker at AFFCO can be a butcher, boner, knife-hand, hygiene cleaner, packer, chiller worker and more. It is a great way to start your career in meat processing at AFFCO or continue your career in the meat industry if you already have experience.
Why work at AFFCO?
AFFCO is a proudly New Zealand, family-owned business, that has been a part of the community since 1904. We have 11 processing facilities around the country and employ over 2,000 people. Working at AFFCO you will be part of a company that markets the best New Zealand beef and lamb domestically and internationally.
Join our team and receive amazing benefits ranging from discounted meat from our employee store, through to discounted services and shopping such as eye tests, dentist visits, Gilmours, New World and many more with our employee perks program.
As a team member, you are provided on-the-job training and work as part of a great team. You will also be provided with opportunities to progress in the company and get to work with a great team of people daily.
What you'll do
- There are a huge variety of roles available, anything from entry level labourers through to skilled machine operators
- Each roles tasks are varied and your strengths and which roles are available will determine what you’ll be doing
Who are you?
- A person who works as part of a team
- Has strong attention to detail
- Takes pride in their work
- Has the ability to listen and follow instructions
- Punctual, reliable and keen to make a difference
- Physically fit and able
- Permitted to work in New Zealand
- Undergo and pass a drug test